How much does team a team building event cost?
As there are many variable elements when designing a team building event, giving firm costs on a generic webpage is a bit like asking ‘how long is a piece of string’. That said, we know it’s useful to have an understanding of what things cost when planning your budget, so we’ve created this guide.
Our events start from £2,000 which includes your first 20 people. We then apply a per head price for each additional person, which is often £25-£40pp depending on the team building event.
Here are some pricing examples from our extensive team building portfolio to help you budget for your team event;
All prices are subject to vat.
When you consider that a day of training for an employee is often £250+ per person, a meaningful and memorable team building activity from £40pp represents great value.
And if we include one of our bolt-on facilitated learning sessions to give more direct learning outcomes, you are fast tracking your way to positive behavioural change and enhanced corporate culture.
What’s included in a Blue Hat Teambuilding price?
To make your life as easy as possible, we operate a one price for everything model. This is made easier as we design, manufacture and deliver all our own team building events. So when you book Blue Hat Team Building, it’s us who will prepare everything with you on the lead up to the day and us who you will have on your event day. This avoids any hidden extra costs that you only find out after you’ve confirmed. Typically this includes;
- Pre-event design, planning, formatting and tailoring of your team building event
- On site event management
- Professional presenter
- Support crew
- All associated props and equipment
- PA system, screen and projector if required
- Travel and transport
- Staff subsistence
- Public liability insurance
Elements that influence the cost of an event;
- Number of guests – the more people, the lower the per head price
- Location – if you’re event is overseas for example, there may be additional expenses to deliver the event which we’d pass on at cost. We’d always highlight what these are likely to be before you make any decisions.
- Event choice – shorter conference energisers would typically be less than a full day team building experience.
- Bespoke or off the shelf – if you ask us to create an event from scratch based on an idea you have, there will be significant R&D time that we’d charge. If it’s a team building event we’ve already designed for another customer that works for you, then it will be much more cost effective.
- Day of the week – as we provide a professional business to business organisation, most of our events tend to be run between Tuesdays and Fridays. If you can consider a Monday or weekend date, then we may be able to offer you a discounted rate.
- Month of the year – August is a quieter time in the team building industry. If you can consider an August event, then we may be able to offer you a discounted rate.
Do these prices include a venue or catering?
The prices do not include the venue or catering. If you already have a venue booked, then let us know and we’ll advise which team building activities will fit well into the space available.
If you would like help finding a venue for your team building event, then ask us to help. We’ve run thousands of events since 2001 and have extensive knowledge of great venues, those hidden gems and which to avoid!
If you have a particularly tight venue, then we can run the activity at your offices. Some of our events don’t even need a venue, like our award winning Team Quest Tablet Treasure Hunt.
The key to success is finding the event that best fits your objectives and desired outcomes, within the budget range you are comfortable with.
Call us to speak to one of our team building experts who will help guide you through the whole process.
‘I was introduced to Ben and Blue Hat having never used a team building company to arrange a bespoke team building event before. Ben was extremely professional and was a great help in advising us on what would work well, he was extremely attentive throughout the planning process, and Leila was fantastic at making sure everything was organised for the event. We had amazing feedback from everyone involved in the event and it really helped break down some barriers and encourage everyone to work together whilst having a laugh. Ben and his team were full of energy and really pulled it all together to get everyone in the mood on the day! Thanks to all of you for making our One Team Summit!’
– Top Golf